Chronicle, April 20, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Beaver County has cancelled their annual household hazardous waste round- up, which is typically held in June. Materials typically collected for disposal through this annual round-up will need to be stored until the program resumes.
As a reminder, Beaver Municipal Solutions accepts the following hazardous waste materials at our landfill site as well as at the Lindbrook Transfer Station and Viking Transfer Station year round:
· used paint and aerosols· oil, filters, and empty jugs
· electronic waste (also known as e-waste which includes televisions, cell phones, computers, printers, monitors)
· propane tanks (does not include the large automotive propane tanks)
· automotive batteries
In addition to these hazardous materials and household garbage, we also accept the following:
· used tires (vehicle and off-road)
· household appliances (please note there is a $25 charge for Freon removal for fridges, freezers, water coolers and air conditioners)
· salvageable metals
· empty, triple-rinsed pesticide containers (*accepted only at Ryley Landfill and Viking Transfer Station)
· grain bags—rolled and tied (*accepted only at Ryley Landfill)
· twine-bagged (*accepted only at Ryley Landfill)
At present, all of our transfer stations are open for regular hours, however it is best to check our Facebook page or website (www.beavermunicipal.com) for updates to our programs or operating status.
Please remember that all residents using our sites must maintain the 6 foot social distancing protocol between staff and other site users. You will be required to unload your own waste.
If you have questions about what materials we accept at which locations, please check out our website or call our main line at 780.663.2038. You will need to leave your name and a contact number as staff will be remotely retrieving your message and returning the call by the following business day.
Stop the spread. Stay home. Stay safe.