Landfill Equipment Operator
The Landfill Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of a variety of heavy construction equipment used at the Beaver Municipal Solutions regional solid waste landfill facility.
The position pays competitive wages and generous benefits for an organization that is a provincial leader in waste management.
Projects and Maintenance Engineer (Maternity Leave)
Beaver Municipal Solutions (BMS) is looking for a Projects and Maintenance Engineer to join our team, based at our Ryley landfill facility and transfer station sites throughout Beaver County.
BMS is a fast growing, world class player in the waste management industry. Located in Ryley, AB, which is less than an hour drive from south east Edmonton along Highway 14. Not “just” a landfill, BMS operates waste transfer stations, recycling systems, waste collection and hauling, and is continually exploring new technologies and services related to the industry.
BMS provides the following services:
- municipal solid waste collection within Beaver County
- Municipal solid waste transportation and disposal for the City of Edmonton, Parkland County and Vermillion River
- Collection and disposal of class 2 industrial waste from a wide array of businesses and industries
The Projects and Maintenance Engineer (PME) reports to the Engineering and Maintenance Coordinator (EMC). The PME is an engineering position that will work with BMS Managers, supervisors, staff, public and regulatory bodies to manage the annual capital program and operating maintenance projects.
Key components of the role:
- Manage the annual and long-term BMS capital program from design to completion
- Develop engineering and work maintenance standards for BMS facilities and equipment, and prepare, issue and coordinate maintenance contracts related to maintenance programs
- Hire engineering, construction and environmental consultants as required for the execution of capital and maintenance programs.
- Maintain project record systems, from concept development through to close-out.
- Coordinate environmental permits, and other permit applications
- Manage engineering reviews and reports for special projects, assigned by the EMC or General Manager
- Previous experience with surveying concepts and equipment
- Work closely with the Engineering Design Technician and Project & Maintenance Lead
What is required for this role:
- Canadian recognized university Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Ability to be registered as a P.Eng. in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Minimum of 4 years experience in related industry
- Demonstrate organizational skills with strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong command of the English language
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a professional/mature demeanor in stressful situations
- Demonstrate ability to establish strong internal and external relationships
Applications will be taken until the position is filled. Please forward a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.