In The Community


The operating permit for the Beaver Regional Landfill is in the process of being renewed.
Please find below documents relating to our application for permit renewal submitted to Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP).

(Please allow sufficient time for  download to complete.)

We appreciate comments on our renewal application and any other questions regarding our operations.

Please feel free to contact us by email:
or by Phone: 780.663.2038 extension 0



Beaver Municipal Solutions has created a Grant Program for Not-For-Profit Community Organizations to support the communities in which it operates. BMS will not consider proposals from individuals and businesses. The grant program will not consider funding proposals for retroactive funding of projects or activities that are already completed.

To request  a copy of the new Grant Application, please email Please note that older versions of the application will no longer be accepted.



Effective June 1, 2016, a waste bin will be placed at the Country Bottle Depot for rural residents. This bin is being placed here to help alleviate the current situation of community bins in the village filling up with waste from the surrounding area. Waste collection service in the Village of Holden is paid for by the residents. Rural residents currently have the choice to either request and pay for a dumpster for their acreage or farm or bring their waste for free to a nearby transfer station or the landfill in Ryley. This rural waste bin pilot has been renewed for another year and will be reviewed in November 2018.

What are acceptable items? This bin is for regular household garbage, lawn or hedge trimmings and scrap wood 3 feet or less in length.

It is NOT to be used for large item disposal, construction and demolition waste, paint, tires, electronic waste, batteries, metal, household appliances, animal cadavers, oil or grease, liquid waste and burning refuse or hot ashes.

Misuse of this waste bin may result in its removal, requiring rural residents to take their garbage directly to the transfer station or landfill.

If you have questions about this pilot, please call our office at 780.663.2038.