Covid-19 Pandemic Response
OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
COVID-19 Update – April 29, 2020
At Beaver Municipal Solutions, we have always believed that the health and safety of our customers, staff and community is our top priority. We have implemented a number of specific measures and processes on our sites due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to continue to provide you with safe and reliable waste disposal.
Our first priority is the health and safety of everyone on our sites. We are closely monitoring the situation and are receiving public guidance from the Government of Alberta.
We have implemented a number of measures to be able to maintain our level of service at our facilities:
- Our Satellite (reception) and Administration offices are closed to the public.
- Measures have been taken to allow as many staff as possible to work from home. Some onsite workers are on rotating shifts.
- All visitors, contractors and non-staff traffic to our site, whether or not they are bringing in waste, are required to sign in at the Scale House. With respect to vendors making deliveries to the site, we may limit access during operating times, based on staff levels. Please check with the BMS staff managing the order or project.
- Staff have been trained and practise proper disinfectant techniques, that include washing of hands and disinfecting frequently used items and surfaces, such as two-way radios and door knobs.
- Boot cleaning processes have been implemented at our landfill and transfer stations. Staff are required to clean and sanitize their work boots before entering buildings.
- Social distancing is practiced by our staff as per Alberta Health Services’ recommendation. We ask that you please respect our staff by giving them the required 2 metre space.
- Those employees or contractors on site that require the use of the smoking facility bare in mind multiple people cannot be in the facility at the same time.
- All staff have been advised to stay home if they feel unwell. We ask that you do the same. If you are displaying flu-like symptoms, please do not come to our facility as you will be turned away.
- Out of province travel for Beaver Municipal Solutions operations and training has been cancelled.
- A Plexiglas shield and intercom system has been installed at our Scale House to reduce contact, yet allow communication between our staff and customers.
- Cash is no longer accepted at any of our sites. Debit or credit cards are acceptable.
- Onsite staff continue to follow our safety protocols for waste acceptance.
For more information please contact:
Iris Robinson, Health, Safety & Environment
Beaver Municipal Solutions